A very famous marketing ideology was coined by A.F. Lafley, CEO, P&G -
Moment of truth - is the moment when a customer/user interacts with a brand, product or service to form or change an impression about that particular brand, product or service.
A consumer's buying journey has various moments of truth -
First moment of truth (FMOT) - the first 3-7 seconds when a consumer decides to buy/use a product over another.
Second moment of truth (SMOT) - when the consumers actually uses/utilises/works with the product.
Third moment of truth (TMOT) - when the consumers shares feedback about the product.
Zero moment of truth (ZMOT)- a term coined by Google- refers to consumer decision making based on online search of the product reviews.
Actual moment of truth - a concept which surfaced later on the web, meaning the time-lag between online buying and the delivery of the product.
These concepts tell us a lot about the consumer's psyche, behaviour and demands:
Firstly, today’s consumer has:
- A lot of choices
- Is high maintenance
- Has an opinion
- Is well informed
Secondly, today’s consumer wants:
- To avail the best and most suitable product/service
- The luxury to use the product/service at his chosen time
- To reach out and share/interact with the product/service makers and other users
- Validation for his choice of product/service
Automating business interaction and communication to meet above mentioned consumer demands has proven to fetch a near perfect result for businesses.
Automating ZMOT (first moment of truth)
Building an excellent first touch-point for the consumer -
- Use a customer support chatbot
- Integrate social messengers with website
Automating SMOT (second moment of truth)
Guide consumer to use the product correctly -
- Offer Interactive user guidance chatbot instead of a manual
- Provide live contextual chat using social messengers
Automating TMOT (third moment of truth)
Receive and work on the feedback instantly-
- Activate social messenger/chatbot based feedback mechanism
- Integrate social messenger/chatbot service with customer support for least possible turn-around-time
Automating ZMOT (zero moment of truth)
Lead consumer to interact with the makers rather than trust reviews-
- Automate search-engine ads that promote the brand-bot
- Integrate SEO reports with marketing tools to show contextual information instantly
There are significant benefits of automating consumer's buying journey -
- Consistent consumer experiences
- Omni-channel outreach mechanisms
- Real-time insights
- Genuine data points shared directly by the consumer
Quickwork Conversations offer live chat, chatbots, integration with other applications to automate consumer buyer's journey across the moments of truth, quickly.