Data Organization is the heart and soul of all our tasks but keeping it organized is a task in itself. With a million different sources of content, and a billion different tasks you organise through, losing something interesting you found on the internet is very simple. Once lost, hunting down something that inspired you or caught your interest on the Internet, can be as difficult as looking for your friends in a concert with no cell phone range- difficult, time consuming and more often than not; a lost cause!
Manually bookmarking or downloading and categorising everything interesting you find on the internet into folders seems ideal, but in reality it’s time consuming and a habit that can become difficult to follow through with in the long run. This is why you need automation. You don’t need to be an engineer or a whiz kid really fluent in coding to build your own automations anymore!
Our no code SaaS format platform Quickwork Journey Builder, allows you to create simple automations that take less than 5 minutes to set up, these automations can help take over your routine tasks, in turn allowing you to work in a more organised manner!
How does a simple automation work?
You can check out our guides on APIs and Quickwork Journey Builder for a quick crash course in getting started with automation. Otherwise here’s a small introduction that should be good enough to get you started.
What are APIs?
We’re constantly talking about APIs and automation, and how great automation is. But what exactly are APIs? API stands for application programming interface, in simple terms it’s the way different applications interact with each other. APIs allow developers to code and add extensions between different applications, making it possible to connect applications together.
What is Quickwork Journey Builder?
Quickwork Journey is a no code platform, with a a huge database of applications with APIs that can be integrated simply with the help of a few steps, making it possible for anyone to set up their own automations in a matter of minutes.
Here are 4 simple steps to set up automations using the Quickwork Journey Builder:
- Authenticate: Choose applications from the app directory that you want to integrate, verify your credentials and set up the apps for automation.
- Create a Trigger: A trigger is something that starts your automation. For instance: creating new events in Google Calendar could be a trigger.
- Create an Action: Choose your second application and set an action, this would be a reaction that automatically takes place anytime your trigger happens. For instance: Anytime a new event is created in Google Calendar, it is automatically added into your To Do List for the day in Evernote.
- Test Your Journey: Each Journey is basically a set of steps that work based on Triggers and Actions between applications. If this happens in App A, this action should automatically take place in App B. Once you create simple Journeys, you can start testing them out and experimenting with your own permutation and combinations of Journeys between apps. Once you’re done with all steps, save your Journey and test it out!
Now that you know what APIs and Journeys are, it's time you had some fun and put it to action.
Here’s a list of Journeys you can build to help you stay organised using the Journey Builder:
- Social Media Management: If you’re working in digital marketing or using social media for work, you might need a record/library of everything you’re posting on Instagram and social media. You could systematically upload everything you upload on social media, onto a folder in a drive each day. Or you could save a lot of time and effort by integrating social media apps like Instagram with your Google Drive. Set a trigger to automatically save files you upload onto your Drive.
- Save your Pins: If you spend a lot of time scrolling through Pinterest for moodboards, inspiration and references. This DIY automation will be super helpful to you! Integrate Pinterest with Google Drive to automatically store your pins onto a new folder in Drive each time to save a Pin, this way you’ll have everything of interest to you, all in one place.
- Forms: Automatically save the attachments you receive on Google Forms in categorised folders on Google Drive, scan through all your data in one place.
These are just a few examples Journeys you can build using automation. Virtually you can create over thousands of different automated journeys using Quickwork Journey Builder. You can get in touch with us to know more about automation and journeys that can help you save time and stay organised. We’d love to talk to you and help you figure out different ways to simplify your life by using automation.