Digital transformation is all the rage, but what exactly is digital transformation? Digital transformation refers to companies switching to smarter technology and enabling their systems to become more dynamic and agile with the help of technology.
In today's world businesses need to be highly adaptable. Keeping up with fast paced demands, and consistently changing work environments requires a robust workflow model. Legacy business models are time-consuming to update and expensive to maintain; they make keeping up with consumer demand and change very difficult. This is the major reason why companies are focusing on making the shift to digital.
Cloud integration is playing a huge role in transforming businesses digitally. This refers to integrating multiple systems, data, software, and tools via cloud storage that allows multiple users to access the data through the internet in real-time. Read further to see why cloud integration is an essential to future proofing your business!
The benefits of using cloud integration
- Make your business more agile: A business's capability of adapting to change determines its ability to survive in a rapidly changing environment. With new developments, unforeseen circumstances, and ever-changing demands, businesses are constantly forced to get behind the wheel and reinvent/innovate to sustain in today's market. In order to do so smoothly, the workflow model of a business needs to be dynamic and flexible to adapt, modify, and accommodate these changes in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Legacy systems make restructuring hard, whereas, with cloud systems, companies can enable themselves to grow quickly by integrating with third party APIs to meet their needs. This allows them to leverage the existing universe of applications and reinvent without having to start from scratch.
- Meet business needs: Integration allows companies to make long software updates and maintenance redundant. With cloud integration, the business platform is centrally managed, freeing up the IT team's workload. Central business platforms also allow for a seamless experience in connecting multiple modern software for different business needs. Smart EDI translators that make accepting files in different data formats simple, or platforms that can easily connect various software to create single view access.
- Scalability: As your business grows, so do your needs and demands from your workflow structure. Meet these with ease with the help of cloud integration. Quickly add more storage, software, or applications based on your needs. The process of onboarding and scaling is made quicker and more hassle-free with the help of cloud integration. It allows users to easily scale down as quickly as it accommodates scaling up, this enables a company to ensure they're never under or over-investing in their workflow structuring. It also saves time in familiarising and training of new updates or systems.
- Visibility: Access was one of the major issues faced when using legacy systems. With cloud integration, this is entirely resolved. Not only do all employees have real-time access to work whenever and wherever they go, but companies can also decide and enable employees to access as much data/information as they want to. This makes collaborating and working together much easier and seamless.
- Cost efficiency: The pandemic has brought light to the culture of working remotely. Many companies have seen the potential in this, as it saves a lot of overhead costs allowing companies to function with lesser office space. Cloud integration allows companies to downsize from bulky legacy systems; they also have a lower maintenance cost making them more cost-efficient.
This year has made businesses across the globe adapt to working remotely; cloud integration enables businesses to digitally transform their workflows by making all the data accessible, visible, and agile in a cost effective manner. Get in touch with us to digitally transform your workflows with automation and cloud integration.